AdWords (Google AdWords) Google’s own advertising services allows businesses wanting to display ads on Google. Through AdWords, you can create online ads to reach prospects exactly when they’re interested in the products, services you offer.
Any business, regardless of size, wants to be found on top of Google. As you search for words or phrases, Google AdWords help you reach customer when they want your services. When a prospective customer is looking for a product, service, promotion or anything from anywhere, they’re likely to search for it on Google. That customer is looking for you and Google AdWords helps you found.
Advertisers who opt to use Google AdWords can target users across two main networks- the search network and display network. Where the former offer advertisers the option of placing visual banner style advertisements, latter assist them to bid on keywords relevant to their business.
Here advertisers have a chance to display their advertisements to users who enter those keywords into Google as their search query. This form of advertising is also recognized as ‘pay per click’ and ‘paid search’.
Over a million businesses rely on Google AdWords, Here’s why?
1) Measurable: Google AdWords takes the entire guesswork out of your marketing. Beyond the old marketing adage, “Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted” with Google AdWords every single aspect of your campaign is measurable. Number of clicks, number of impressions, click through rate (CTR), cost per click (CPC), conversion rate, number of conversions, cost per acquisition (CPA) etc.
2) Cost effective: One of the primary benefits of Google AdWords is that it’s extremely cost effective. You have a convenience of paying only when someone clicks on your ad (i.e. your cost per click) and how much you can spend. Limitless options within the set budget, this means increase in traffic without increasing your costs.
3) Advertise locally or globally: Target your Ad’s to customers in certain countries, regions or cities, it helps to wide your business reach.
4) No Wins for the highest payers: Advertisers who have large marketing budgets may not get the best positions nor the best ranking. Thinking why? Because every single time a search term or keyword is put into Google’s search engine, an ad auction takes place. On the basis of ad auction, the most relevant ads are presented to user.
5) Connectivity across the web: A wide range of options let you target by website type, audience type or remarketing, when and where it matters. When it comes to success of a small business, Google AdWords can be hugely successful method of driving traffic, marketing your services and ultimately getting increased sales.
6) Around the clock insights: See how your ads performing at any time by logging into your Google AdWords account. On the basis of monthly listings you can adjust your ads, try new search terms, pause your campaign and re-start whenever you feel like.
Q. How to advertise with Google AdWords
A. Businesses can advertise on Google by opening a Google AdWords account. To make your account & Start AdWords, please visit- http://www.google.co.in/ads/new/step-by-step-adwords.html
Q. Where will my AdWords ads appear?
A. Your ad will appear on Google when people will search for product or services you offer. When you create your ad, you are required to choose a set of keywords specific to your industry services and business.
Q. How AdWords works?
A. Depending on the competitiveness of the keywords you are bidding for, relevance of that keyword, authoritative and fresh content, AdWords give real conversions for your company. Here is Google’s page for “Check and understand Quality Score”
Q. How does Google determine which Ad is shown where?
A. Once you have entered into the auction, Google looks at two key factors to determine where ad ranks; your maximum bid and your quality score. The best combined CPC Bid and quality score gets the best position.
Q. How does Google determine what you pay?
A. You pay the minimum amount you can pay for the position you win if your ad is clicked on.
Ad Rank = Max Bid x Quality Score
Q. How do I make money through AdWords?
A. Google AdWords can be hugely successful method of driving traffic, marketing your product and ultimately getting increased sales. You can show your ads to certain group of people. You can reach people you think might be potential customers based on their interest, demographics or whether they have visited your website in the past.